“I will boast in this sunshine, boast in this rain.” –Lecrae
- Capital One CoSIDA Academic All-District Award
- First Team Academic All-Big 12
- Big 12’s batting leader with a .409 average
- KU Softball record holder, highest single-season batting average
- NFCA First Team All-Region
- First Team All-Big 12
- KU Softball 2012 MVP
- Eligible for All-America consideration
Do I boast and brag about worldly honors? No. Have a fallen down on my knees in front of the Lord because, by His grace, I was able to be a part of this? Yes.
Trust me, I am proud of these achievements. But the Lord has been teaching me the past two weeks how to rejoice in success, which isn’t the same as taking credit for it. I know in my heart that none of it would have been possible without Him. Not only so, but I also refuse to let these awards become my identity.
There is NOTHING, no honor and no award, that compares to the fulfillment I have in Jesus Christ, my Savior.
Galatians 6:14 “May I never boast except in the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.”